Chipego (Pty) Ltd ("SureBüddyTM") by policy processes personal data to better our products and services, with full respect for the fundamental right to privacy. We protect personal data with regards to personal integrity and private life, and ensure the quality of personal data.
The following describes data collected by SureBüddyTM for the Android platform, why it is collected and processed, and the services the client application ("app") provides using this data.
Data collected by SureBüddyTM regarding advertising for rewards service SureBüddyTM is a web service that sends adverts generated on SureBüddyTM's servers and sends it to the SureBüddyTM app installed on a device. SureBüddyTM does not link individual natural persons ("users") to specific usage-related data logged on the SureBüddyTM servers. SureBüddyTM servers log the uniform resource locators (URLs), or web addresses, of the web pages users visit, but not the content on the page. The servers also log users' IP-addresses, their device make and model, campaign references for sponsored content and a randomly-generated identifier for the users' app installation.
SureBüddyTM stores and processes usage-related data to provide, debug, maintain and optimize the SureBüddyTM service including populating recommended content for the app's Discover feature. SureBüddyTM also uses this data to generate aggregated and anonymized statistics for general internet trend analysis and reporting to SureBüddyTM's customers, such as mobile network operators. On the Android platform, SureBüddyTM uses Google Analytics to measure marketing campaigns. Google Analytics anonymizes this data and SureBüddyTM collects it to improve its products and services.
SureBüddyTM collects anonymized device information on Android (Android ID or Advertising ID) to improve its products and measure marketing campaigns. SureBüddyTM may share this data with SureBüddyTM's marketing partners/customers. Some third-party sites may monitor data sent from SureBüddyTM, such as numbers of hits and the search terms used. SureBüddyTM does not send personally identifiable information to these services.
Data send by SureBüddyTM's mobile partners In the case SureBüddyTM has a contractual relationship with your mobile operator, the mobile operator might send additional data such as your phone number together with the web traffic. SureBüddyTM will pass on such additional data to your mobile operator's approved list of partners. Please note that SureBüddyTM does not receive, log or retain such additional data in any way or manner.
SureBüddyTM reserves the right to disclose any stored data as required by law or if the company believes that disclosure is necessary to protect its rights and/or comply with a judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes.
Explanation of the permissions SureBüddyTM requests
When installing SureBüddyTM, you will be asked to provide the app with certain permissions to access data on your Android device. The following describes the permissions SureBüddyTM requests, what each permission allows the app to do, and why the app collects this data.
Measure app storage space
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to measure the size of the cache files on the device. If the size of the cache is large, SureBüddyTM can offer to clear the cache in order to speed up device performance.
Delete all app cache data
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to remove cache files in order to speed up device performance. SureBüddyTM prompts you before it cleans the cache.
Read Internet history and bookmarks
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to view and replicate any bookmarks stored in the standard Android location, where your stock browser likely saves them. SureBüddyTM displays these bookmarks in its bookmark manager. By request, SureBüddyTM can use this data to import bookmarks into the app.
Importing this data is optional. You must manually initiate the import process; SureBüddyTM does not manage your device's bookmark data without your consent. If you import your bookmarks into SureBüddyTM, this data will be stored in your SureBüddyTM client. If you sign in to an SureBüddyTM account using SureBüddyTM's synchronization service, your data will be collected by SureBüddyTM's servers and stored there. Please review the above section concerning how SureBüddyTM treats data collected to provide synchronization services for more information.
Precise location (GPS and network-based)
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to access your device's location based on global-positioning satellites, what network your device uses to access the web, and the strength of your connection to nearby networks. SureBüddyTM uses your location to display ads in the Discover news feed. Providing your location ensures that this content is relevant to you.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to access your local file storage on your device. SureBüddyTM needs this permission to allow you to download files from the web and manage them through the app's interface.
Test access to protected storage
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to read the contents of external storage discs on your device, including secure digital (SD) cards or hard drives connected to your Android device via Universal Serial Bus (USB). SureBüddyTM needs this permission to allow you to open, download to and manage files found on external discs through the app.
Control Near Field Communication
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to share information between devices using radio frequencies, when the devices are placed near each other. SureBüddyTM uses this permission to share pages of its active tab between devices. If you place another compatible device nearby, Android will ask if the page location of the active tab should be shared. Both devices must support Near Field Communication.
Full network access
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to access network data through both Wi-Fi and mobile network connections (for example, GPRS, 3G, or EDGE connections). SureBüddyTM uses this permission to send and receive requests from SureBüddyTM servers, which fetch and deliver web content to your device.
View network connections
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to determine whether your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network connection (for example, GPRS, 3G, or EDGE connections). SureBüddyTM uses this information to prompt you when downloading large files on mobile network connections. The app asks whether you want to postpone a large download for a later time when your device is connected via Wi-Fi.
Read contact data
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to read your device's contact data or address book. Using this data, you can choose to find your contacts on Facebook through SureBüddyTM's interface. SureBüddyTM prompts you before you opt in to revealing any contact data to it or Facebook. The app will not view or use this data without your consent. This permission allows Facebook certain privileges through its third-party API. Please review the section above concerning data collected by third parties.
Prevent device from sleeping
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to prevent your device's processor from sleeping. SureBüddyTM uses this permission to support syncing services. It keeps the app awake while checking messages from SureBüddyTM's servers that inform the app if changes have been made to your SureBüddyTM account. The next time you open SureBüddyTM, the app syncs with the server and updates to reflect any changes made on other devices.
View applications in foreground
This permission allows SureBüddyTM to view which applications appear most in the foreground of the Smartphone. SureBüddyTM can thus offer advertising that complements the applications the User is interested in.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- 1. Information contained on the website is of a general nature and is not intended to be specific advice or an exhaustive review of any subject. Please contact me for advice before relying on anything contained on the website as it may not suit your personal circumstances. If we use any calculations on the website these are similarly intended to be general guidelines and should not be taken as absolutes. Should you wish to rely on any calculation you are advised to check the calculations before relying on them. SureBüddyTM will not be liable for any inaccuracy in the calculation.
- 3. Please take note of all Website Terms and Conditions of Use. Your use of this website implies an acceptance of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use and any other specific terms and an agreement to be bound by them. In the event of a conflict between the Website Terms and Conditions of Use of this website and any specific terms applicable, and only to the extent of the conflict, the more specific term will apply.
- 4. SureBüddyTM grants you a limited, revocable license to use this website subject to the Terms. The license is a personal, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the website only as expressly permitted in these Website Terms and Conditions of Use. Except for this limited license, we do not grant you any other rights or license with respect to this website.
- 5. Unless we have granted you permission in advance and in writing, you may use the website only for your personal, non-commercial use, and not to provide services to a third party. Any person wishing to use this web site contrary to the Website Terms and Conditions of Use must obtain prior written consent from SureBüddyTM.
- 6. SureBüddyTM makes every effort to ensure, but cannot and does not guarantee, and makes no warranties as to, the accuracy, accessibility, integrity and timeliness of this information. SureBüddyTM assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this site and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss howsoever arising in connection with using this website or any content contained herein. Furthermore, SureBüddyTM reserves the right to make changes to these materials at any time without notice. If you find any inaccurate, out of date or incomplete information or material on this website, or if you suspect that something is an infringement of intellectual property rights, you must let us know immediately by contacting SureBüddyTM or the owner or provider of the information to which the issue relates.
- 7. Unless otherwise stated, all right, title, interest, and ownership (including all rights under all copyright, patent, and other intellectual property laws) in, to or of this website are the sole property of or will vest in SureBüddyTM or a third party licensor. All moral rights are reserved.
- 8. Trademarks. SureBüddyTM logo and sub-logos, marks, and trade names are the trademarks of SureBuddy Ltd and no person may use them without permission. Any other trademark or trade name that may appear on this web site or other marketing material of SureBuddy Ltd is the property of its respective owner.
- 9. You should independently verify any information and material on this website before relying upon it. The information and material on this website are not substitutes for the exercise of professional judgment. If you are not qualified or experienced enough to make that judgment, you should take professional advice or contact the relevant information owner or provider for further information and advice.
- 10. Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience only, and imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those other websites on the part of SureBüddyTM. SureBüddyTM makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability, reliability or content of such information, text, graphics and hyperlinks. SureBüddyTM will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, or for any loss of business, profit, revenue, goodwill or data, lost or wasted management time or the lost time of other employees arising from your use of this website or any information or material on it, or your inability to use it (whether that loss is direct or indirect).
- 11. While SureBüddyTM makes every effort to ensure that any executable material available to be downloaded from surebuddy.com website is free of any virus, it cannot guarantee that the material is free from any or all viruses. SureBüddyTM is not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused by the executable material and potentially malicious code contained therein.
- 12. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer systems are suitable to access and use this website. You are responsible for implementing sufficient anti-virus and other security checks to ensure the accuracy of data input and output.
- 14. Restrictions on Use of Website:
- 1. Framing. No person, business, or website may frame this website or any of the pages on this website, or use any other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the website, or mirror or replicate any portion of the website;
- 2. Linking. We prohibit "deep linking" to any other pages in a manner that would incorrectly suggest endorsement or support of SureBüddyTM or suggests you are the owner of any intellectual property belonging to SureBüddyTM.
- 3. Spiders and Crawlers. No person, business, or web site may use any technology (including spiders or crawlers) to search and gain any information from this website.
- 4. You specifically may not:
- 1. Copy, reproduce, upload, post, display, republish, distribute, transmit, any part of the content in any form whatsoever;
- 2. Modify, translate into any language or computer language, or create derivative works from, any content or any part of this website;
- 3. Reverse engineer any part of this website;
- 4. Use the website other than to make legitimate reservations or bookings;
- 5. Use the website to make any false, fraudulent or speculative reservation, or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- 6. Disguise the information transmitted through the website;
- 7. Sell, offer for sale, transfer, or license any portion of the website in any form to any third parties;
- 8. Use or access the website in any way that, in our reasonable judgment, adversely affects the performance or function of the website, or any other computer systems or networks used by SureBüddyTM other website users;
- 9. Upload or transmit to the website or use any device, software or routine that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or attempt to interfere with, intercept, the normal operation of our website, or appropriate the website or any system, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our computer equipment, or that infringes upon the rights of a third party;
- 10. Use any device, software, or routine that interferes, or attempts to interfere, with the normal operation of our website, or take any action that impose an unreasonable load on our equipment; or
- 11. disguise the origin of the information transmitted through the website.
- 15. All warranties, representations, terms, conditions and undertakings, whether implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise (including any implied warranty, representation, term, condition or undertaking of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose) are excluded to the fullest extent allowed by law by SureBüddyTM and the information owners and providers.
- 16. If the use of any information or material on this website is unlawful in any jurisdiction (because of your nationality, residence or for some other reason), that information or material is not offered. You must satisfy yourself that you are lawfully able to use any such information and materials. We accept no liability, to the extent allowed by the law, for any costs, losses or damages resulting from or related to the access or attempted access of any information or materials by anyone that is unlawful in their country of residence.
- 17. No delay, neglect or forbearance on the part of SureBüddyTM in enforcing any of their rights under the Website Terms and Conditions of Use will be, or be deemed to be, a waiver and it will not prejudice any right of SureBüddyTM.
- 18. If any of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use is held to be unenforceable, illegal or in some other way invalid, the unenforceable, illegal or invalid provision will be deemed to be severable and will not affect the remainder of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use which will continue to be of full force and effect.
- 20. No addition to or modification of any provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use will be binding on SureBüddyTM unless made in writing and signed by their duly authorised representatives.
- 21. SureBüddyTM may modify, suspend, or discontinue providing this web site (with or without notice) and will not be liable.